Our Hornby Island vacation home is available for rent all year long. This cliff top, waterfront house has a beautiful view looking southwest across Tribune Bay to the mountains of Vancouver Island. There are many things we really like about the house:
- Outstanding water and mountain view from the entire main floor.
- The large deck with no railing to block the view.
- Situated in its natural setting with rare Arbutus trees, Fir trees, and Salal.
- Large windows on both sides of the living and dining areas. Enjoy the waterfront view on one side and the forest view on the other.
- 10-15 minute walk along a cliff top trail to a grove of rare Garry Oak trees and the spectacular Helliwell Provincial Park.
- 25-35 minute walk or five minute drive to the long, wide, warm, and sandy beach at Tribune Bay Provincial Park.
- Quiet and private location well away from the neighbours and roads.
- Located on Hornby Island, the most tourist oriented of all the British Columbia Gulf Islands. See the Things to do on Hornby Island web page for more information and a slideshow about Hornby.
See more of the house on the Vacation House Videos and Photos web page.
The house sleeps six: a master bedroom with a queen bed on the main floor and a large loft with a queen bed and two singles. The loft is accessed using a “ship’s ladder” stair. There are linen and blankets available for all beds. There is one bathroom.
The well equipped kitchen includes all the typical pots, utensils, dishes, etc. There is a barbeque on the back deck. The dining and living areas each have seating for six. There is also a table with seating for six on the front deck.
There is an Internet connection with Wi-Fi. There are televisions on main floor and the loft. The main floor television is a smart-TV with direct connections to Netflix, YouTube, and other popular Internet services. (Customers must use their own accounts to access Netflix and other subscription services.) The television also has an extra HDMI connection and cable for customers who want to use their own game players or other devices. The main floor has a DVD/VCR combo player while the loft has a DVD player. There are no broadcast or cable television signals available at the house.
Unfortunately the house is not suitable for families with young children or sleep walkers. This is because it is located about 10 meters (30 feet) from a 70 meter (200 foot) vertical cliff. There are no fences or barriers of any kind anywhere on the property.
We do not permit pets, smoking, open fires, or camping anywhere on the property.
Scroll down to see the house availability calendar. Please contact us at: 1-604-921-2651 or by e-mail for more information or to make a reservation.
Rental Periods and Fees
High Season (July-August, Canada Day to Labour Day weekends): $1,900 per week. The rental period is Sunday 4:00pm to Sunday 10:00am.
Low Season: $150 per night with a two night minimum.
There are no additional taxes or cleaning fees. Amounts are in Canadian dollars. We will accept $US at par for US residents as long as the exchange rate is close to 1.0 when the booking is made.
Repeat customers receive a 10% discount. Any previous customer who refers a new customer gets a 10% commission credit which can be applied to any future rental by them.
Payment, Deposit, and Cancellation Policies
Payments are by cheque or bank transfer.
50% of the fee is due upon booking as a deposit. The house is only considered to be booked once the deposit is received.
For High Season bookings the remainder is due on June 1. For Low Season bookings the remainder is due two weeks before the first occupancy date.
We will refund 90% of all amounts paid for High Season bookings if there is a cancellation and we are able to rent the house to someone else for that period. In Low Season we will refund 100%.
Following is the house availability calendar. The house is occupied on the red dates.